Wednesday, September 02, 2015

No time like the present

I was going to do this yesterday and before that I was going to do it a different day and before that I was all tied up in knots trying to figure out how to break this long silence and today I'm just done overthinking it and here I am.

September is back to school month.  There are three of us returning to school, and because life is sometimes like that, we are returning in order of most reluctant to least reluctant.

B started Grade 11 this morning (which, hello, what, how? etc) and the most enduring image I have of this morning is him standing in the kitchen staring blankly into space saying "I really don't want to do this."

A starts at the Alberta College of Art and Design (YAY.) on September 8 and while she is pleased at the idea of most of her course work, she is not delighted at the hours, as ACAD apparently opens before noon.

I start into the second year of my BA (when we got married, we said he'd get his degree and then I'd get mine, so that's what we're doing.  33 years, before anyone asks) on September 14 and mostly I feel like that is a VERY LONG TIME from now and LET'S GET ON WITH IT.  (talk to me in November, when I am whimpering from the work and the reading and the papers)


And if that's not exciting enough for you, Brad and I went on a road trip this summer that was so laid back we had time to video a wasp harvesting bits of lunch from a scrap of ham on our picnic table.  I was going to post it here but I didn't because OneDrive/Luddite/SharyPantsMcConfusedHead.

But it's really exciting.    Two minutes and 20 seconds of Wasp on Ham, and 10 seconds of Overloaded Wasp Attempting to Fly. 

1 comment:

Marcia Laycock said...

Was thinking of you when I saw all the school buses on the road. :) I'm back at it too with the advanced playwriting course thru Rosebud. And my instructor wants me to do two plays at once since yeah I'm a "reasonably fast writer" and so organized and all!, Sheesh. And I still haven't finished that fantasy book 3!! Eeeek!