Tuesday, August 06, 2013

So here's the thing

My husband is amazing.  He is even-keeled and pragmatic and faces what life hands him with seemingly little angst.  One of the cards someone has sent us in the past few weeks reads "Life's unexpected turns can be so hard to understand. " (or something similar) and Brad turned to me with genuine puzzlement on his face and asked me "I am supposed to be trying to understand why I have cancer?"

I laughed and said "No, darling, just be yourself."

We took a year off to travel, from May of 1990, to May of 1991.  We took two cameras, because we see life in different ways.

He's blogging over here:

http://pletzky.blogspot.ca/

I'm blogging here, still, but I won't be feeling like I have to smack a smile on my face and tell you how manageable life is, every single day, lest I be doing him some kind of disservice by coping differently from how he is.

And here's what I have to say, today.

We are held, and I find it both amazing and unsurprising that I love him more today than I ever have in our lives.

2 comments:

Janet Sketchley said...

That's my problem: I keep trying to UNDERSTAND everything. Note to self: God understands. Let Him hold me.

I'm praying for you both, Susan, and trusting the One who holds you.

Carolyn said...

I have a quote pasted on my computer where I can see it everyday. It's from Marty...you know him...that Luther guy? So, ML says: "Pray, and let God worry." Works for me!