Monday, January 07, 2013

"He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater"*

(*hymn)

I've been posting Daily Grace Notes to Facebook, lo, these many therapy filled months.  I try to find something to celebrate every. single. day. regardless of what else the day holds.

Today was a hard day.  Weekends seem to be a time of many flashbacks and therefore, emotional upheaval.  I knew I was facing a difficult therapy session today and was working hard at remaining courageous.

As I was getting ready to leave the house on errands at noon today, I looked out the kitchen window and there were two deer at the back fence, picking their dainty way across the snow.  (I sometimes wonder if the deer ask "Really, God?  Again with that house in the broad daylight?")

I looked up and said, "Thank you.  I love You too."

And the errands came and went and I dropped Brodie at hockey, and went to therapy, where I faced some scary scary things but survived.

After supper I took the dog for a walk, and as we're ambling around cul de sacs, etc, we come up on a ridge that overlooks the lake near our house.  There are actually two lakes, and this is the smaller one, and there's a rink cleared on it this year, and lovely sparkly lights in two of the big trees at the edge of the pond.  The lights were so pretty, we walked toward them, and just before we crested the ridge, I saw three deer, standing in silhouette against the lights under the great vast dome of starlight.

I looked up and said "Thank you.  I love You too."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must remember that: Thank you. I love you too.

ccap

Violet N. said...

Lovely!

My 'I love you' messages come from the faces of digital clocks. Whenever I see a good card hand on the clock face (11:11 or 2:22, or 2:34, I hear not 'lucky' but 'I love you.' And I'm not the only one. When I shared that at a retreat this fall, a couple of girls got choked up; they'd been noticing such clock 'messages' and had mentioned it on the drive over to the meeting!

Janelle said...

Susan, you make my heart smile. :)

Carolyn said...

Me too!...I love You, and you, too.

Anonymous said...

Great reminder for me to be more aware of the blessings and signs of love around me - sincere thanks!

Gina