Monday, December 31, 2012

last post for this year

 so this year, 2012 - what a year. Highs and lows and in-betweens.  Really low lows and the highs look different now than they did before but guess what?

That's not a bad thing.

On good days, I'm more present in my life than I have been for several years, and I like it out here, with my husband and my great kids and my goofy little dog. Today I got up and went food shopping and cooked lunch and made one of the salads for supper, and went to therapy and did two loads of laundry and tidied my house and made a ham dinner for company with two kinds of salad and I ironed cloth napkins and used the good dishes and none of this stressed me out.  None of it.  Somewhere in there I had time for a long heartfelt talk with my husband's stepdad, a talk that will have me surprised for the rest of my life.

At one point, I thought "Wow.  So nice to have a day where I feel like I'm back." but then I realized it's more than that.  It's never been effortless for me to have a day like this.  There's always freaking out or stressing out or worrying that something won't be good enough - the buns will be stale or the juice will be the wrong kind or something will be too hot or too cold. There was none of that today and I just want to say:

I am deeply, deeply grateful.

4 comments:

Violet N. said...

Happy New Year! May 2013 give you many more of 'those' stress-free days!

ma said...

May you enjoy more stress-free days. Happy New Year my friend.

Kay said...

Can't say how much I love this! :)

Carolyn said...

Hey good friend, sounds like you're walking towards a great year in 2013...keep the Joy flowing inside and out...with Him.
Love you!