Friday, December 07, 2012

"Ebb and flow, as all things must."

so after Tuesday's post (was it Tuesday?  It may have been Monday.) I had a counselling appointment on Wednesday morning.  I was not looking forward to it.  I don't like being needy, and really, I need what this psychologist has to offer.  She is kind and competent and I trust her to know more about what I need to get through this darkness than I do myself.

I still didn't want to go, because I knew I was looking at an hour and a half of forcing myself to look at my pain.  I walked in full of dread ...

...and walked out into light, thanking God with every exhale, because something had shifted, because I knew more than when I walked in, and because what I left with was the ability to extend both grace and compassion to myself.

It's not always like that, but it was like that Wednesday, and I really just wanted to make a note of it.

4 comments:

Marj Drury said...

Smiling broadly...walking out into light indeed.

But the title of the piece describes the truth I need to hang on to today. Why is it I seem to think things should always flow? Thanks again for your courage to share.

Rhonda Epp Hagloff said...

I don't know Sue....why did I want to cry and cry and cry some more when I read that?

Karen said...

Sounds like a very good reason to mark the moment.

Carolyn said...

Ahhh...Light...it is everywhere if we look for it, not run from it. And God's "angels" have offices too.
Blessing you...courage n' all.
Love too - CC