Tuesday, August 21, 2012

"I need you in my house cause you're my home."

Friday afternoon we were driving from Winnipeg through Selkirk to my BIL's place in Riverton for a family get together.  I was crying, as I so often do these days (more on that in a post I write on a braver day), quietly, on my own side of the car, and trying not to make a big deal of it.
We drove past the cemetary where my father's ashes are buried and I started to cry harder.
My husband calmly and quietly turned the van around and drove me to the cemetary, walked me to my Dad's grave and held me while I sobbed.

4 comments:

Myrna said...

He's a very good man....

Myrna said...

He's a very good man....

Marcia said...

Grief hits and you just have to let it I guess. Crystal posted that pic of a hummingbird and I started crying. Mom was like a little girl when she saw one - each and every time it was as though it was new again. She would have been 94 on Tuesday.
Feeling with/for you. M

adriene said...

It seems that you have quite a lot of sadness right now. I hope you find your way through it. It sounds like you have a husband and family will help you do just that.

Thank you for visiting my blog!