Tuesday, June 05, 2012

double take

I was driving in rush hour today, and a man zipped past on a bicycle. 

I am always impressed by people on bicycles in rush hour.  They possess something I do not - courage, or a particular sort of insanity ...

Another man zipped past, or rather - came close, and then wobbled and nearly wiped out as he  -

TOOK A DRAG FROM HIS CIGARETTE.

Really???  What is there about trying to negotiate a bicycle through busy streets that makes a person think "What will make this better is a smoke." ??

I thought it was very judgemental of him to shake his head at me, at the next stop light.  I was only knitting at the RED lights.

3 comments:

ccap said...

He, he. Thanks for the morning laugh.

fudge4ever said...

You would! ha ha

Colleen Taylor said...

I thought you were going to say he was naked. Maybe that's just because I saw a man do the most impressive acrobatic urination routine in front of the Jack Singer Concert Hall last Saturday. I was only reading, not knitting.