Saturday, March 17, 2012

All I need to know, I learned in kindergarten

Remember kindergarten?  Not when you went yourself, and sat in desks and connected the dots on letters and things until your brain exploded, but kindergarten when your kids went?

There was this cheefully decorated classroom, and everybody'd get together for a bit and kinda connect, and then the kids would start rotating around stations.  There was a paperwork station, and a craft station, and usually some kind of imaginative play stations, like a kitchen or a sand table ...they'd go to one or two stations, then everyone had a snack, and then they'd go to some other stations.

I'm looking around my main floor.  Over there, on the couch - no, my knitting stash did not throw up on the couch.  That's my craft station.

Over here? with the papers and the computer and the headscratching and the tongue sticking out the side of my mouth?  That's the paperwork/printing/making up a whole book inside my head station.

Behind me?  That's the kitchen.

All I have to say about that is ...not every kid in kindergarten opted to use the play kitchen.

However - a snack sounds like a good idea ...