Monday, February 13, 2012

The Word of God is quick and powerful (Hebrews 4:12)

We sometimes talk about the Bible being a dynamic read - how you can read a verse five hundred times, but the five hundred and first time you read it?  It somehow leaps to life off the page at you, and it's like you're reading it for the first time.

That happened to me today.

Because I am thisclose to finishing my novel, and I have a few weeks off work, I don't allow myself to knit during the time when I could be working on my book.  The exception is that I listen to the Daily Audio Bible, and I knit while I listen.

Today I had to put the knitting down so I could write down this verse that came arrowing out of the air at me.

"Come, all of you who have skills, come and make ..." Exodus 35:10, The Message

Yes, sir.  Message received and understand.  Putting the knitting down mid-row right after I've listened to today's Bible reading.

1 comment:

Corbett said...

Ah...I OFTEN check your blog, and today "I" needed to hear what you heard, and more than that...I need to "do" my work as well. Thank you for being 'faithful'...it helps me all the time.
Happy V-day my friend n' sister! I do love you!!