Friday, December 02, 2011

In which Murphy and I call it a draw for today

So I have this son.  He's 12.  He's grown approximately 8 billion inches since the beginning of July and mostly, he eats and sleeps and plays hockey.

Monday morning I was looking at him lying on the floor begging not to go to school because he was soooooooooooooo tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired, and he looked - well, awful.  Then he said his ears hurt and his legs hurt and so I thought, okay you have been complaining about being tired for six months.  Maybe you should see a doctor.

So today he bounces out of bed cheerful as a (insert cheerful thing), says his ears don't hurt, and he feels great!  Hopefully he has hockey today!

And I had to take him to the doctor anyway, because they charge $50 for cancelling an appointment less than 24 hours ahead of time.

So Murphy won that one.

***

I got home and decided to bake cookies.  I was in the kitchen trying to decide what to bake when there was a knock on my door, and there on my doorstep was the lady I work for, with the three tubs of frozen cookie dough I'd bought from the preschool fundraiser.

Take that, Murph.


(I looked up that whole Murphy thing, cause I was trying to explain it to my left brain and I couldn't remember where it came from.  And seriously - there's someone out there whose name is Murphy, attorney at law.  (I left out the first name just in case I should.)  I think that I would be nervous having that person defend me.  If I ever committed a crime.  I don't plan to, but there are still teenagers living here.)

No comments: