Tuesday, August 16, 2011

In which I Do Math, and it does nothing to cheer me up

So I am making a gift for someone, a gift that needs to be given away in no more than eleven and a half days.  It's done in sections, and there are (20 X 300 =)6000 stitches in one kind of section and (10 X 150 =) 1500 stitches in the other kind of section.  I have done two of each kind of section which means I have already knit 15000 stitches, and I have no idea how many more of each section I have to do, or even how many I have yarn for, so that means  I have ...

eleventy-billion stitches to knit between now and next Saturday, give or take a few billion.

I don't know why I stopped to type, either.

2 comments:

Kat said...

You used the word Eleventy. That...is amazing. And has made my day.

In other news, I feel like a super nerd :3

violet said...

I am on my last rows of an Afghan (... just wanted to rub it in)! But you'll do it. Who needs to sleep in summer?