Tuesday, August 16, 2011

And then I thought maybe I was missing the point

So as an aside to the sermon on Sunday, the speaker mentionned that she'd heard that a good way to help lessen insomnia was to turn off all electronic stimuli an hour or so before you want to go to sleep, and do something relaxing, like knit, or read.
So an hour before i wanted to be asleep I got my knitting and sat there knitting for a few minutes and then went and got a book and spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to prop the book open so I could knit AND read ...

Very relaxing.  Totally not stimulating at all.

8 comments:

Myrna said...

LOL... Agreed!

Prairie Girl said...

Noticed your blog off of FB. Loved this post! So true...so very, very true!

MGerber said...

LOL!

Ruthie said...

LOL I will never understand how people can knit and read at the same time. I need to see what I'm doing when I knit...maybe because I suffer from diabetic peripheral neuropathy in my hands and can't feel much? Anyway, I hope you were able to figure it all out.

Some ladies I know have invested in a lap desk to hold their book while knitting in bed. Maybe worth a try?

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big fan of e-books (I'm a strange one who likes the feel of a book with pages in my hand), but I gotta say, e-books are great for knitting and reading!
Heather

Megan DiMaria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Where ARE you?????

Colleen Taylor said...

chortle