Saturday, June 25, 2011

Point form post, which is therefore full of points, but pointless.

- So.  If it's not asthma, it's bronchitis.  My lungs are a pair of misbehaving drama queens, and yet, I am stuck with them. 

- A continues to crack me right up.  Do you want to hear about that, or do you want to hear about all my amazing birthday presents, each one more astonishing than the last?

- My dog is small, cute and disobedient.  I'd ask if you wanted to hear about that, but ...you just did.

- I knit some stuff. 

- I wrote a whole book. There's not enough conflict in my book.  Huh.  Shocking, seeing as how I embrace conflict wholeheartedly.  Oh wait, no I don't.  Who knew?   Also the fact that I sort of cheered K up early on in the book because I was tired of her stomping around being difficult is not believable.  And as the writer you can't just say "I don't care if you don't believe it, that's what happened" because when you make stuff up, you have to follow rules about not breaking the fictive dream blah blah blah.  Having your reader look up and say "As if!" is not really what you're aiming for.  Dang it.

- Parenting is - newsflash! - harrrrrrrrrrrrrd.  (Yes I'm whining.  I have bronchitis.  I don't like bronchitis) Turns out you cannot parent a 15 year old the way you parent a four year old.  Why it is taking me so long to figure this out, I am not sure, but I'm pretty sure it will be a good thing for all of us when I get a handle on it.

- if you are still reading, go have a cookie.  You deserve it.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

I want to hear both about A's antics AND your amazing birthday presents! And instead of a cookie, I'll munch on one of my favorite candy bars...Payday. YUM!