Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Seriously? Dec 30? As in last YEAR?

Well here's the thing.  I keep thinking "Hey I should blog about that" and before I get a chance to something else blog-worthy happens and it gets added to the list and now the list of things I thought would make good blog fodder is so long that nobody will read it.

Wait since when do I care if anyone reads this?

Thing the First.

I have not finished the Christmas knitting.  However, because I take a less than linear approach to life, I have started some of next year's Christmas knitting. This makes me happier than it should.

Thing the Second.

My mother had a great Christmas, on January 2nd, because on January 2nd, her entire family came together all in one place for Christmas - all her kids and grandkids, and one delicious wee bump that is currently housing a great grandchild.  After everyone else had left, Mom and I played Scrabble and suddenly Mom looked over at me.
"That was so cute." she said.

"What was so cute?"

"That baby bump."  She paused.  "I want to see who's in there!"

Me too. 

Thing the Third.

Flyers.  What was I thinking?  But then I get out there and start walking and feel like maybe I can do basic exercising things like walk and even if it is cold out, I start to feel better.  Even when it is -Alot.  (Today started out at -24, but is now a balmy -17 and sunny.  I have done almost half the flyers, and B and I will do the other half when he gets home from school.  I was planning to be all bossy about him doing exactly half but he has things like school and hockey that interfere with my bossiness.

Thing the Fourth.

A is in Grade Ten this year.  I do not think this has been a particularly easy semester to be A.  You could pray for her, if you want.  I know I am doing so.

Thing the Fifth.

A group of knitters I know started an innocuous knitting contest that has knocked all reason out of my head.  I always think I am not competitive because it only makes me cranky to lose sometimes (yes I'm reading what I'm writing) but ...yeesh.  I don't even want the prizes, I just want to Do Well.  Like I have something to prove.

On the other hand, I should have some dishcloths for sale fairly soon :)

Thing the Sixth

If that's the real time, I'm late to pick up B.  And we have SO MUCH FUN waiting for us, out in the snow and cold.

There were more Things, but #6 is trumping them all.

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

I LOVE the way you write...makes me remember my family at that age. And then I pray for you...HARD!! ;-)

Slow'n'Steady said...

Thing the fourth? Grade 10 is the hardest. Unless she decides to take Physics (don't) in which case, batten down the hatches and give up any hope of receiving Rutherford scholarship for that semester. Unless, of course, she is Unusually Good at Physics. Then everyone will be happy.

All that to say, I know how it feels, pretty much. And I'm praying.

annie said...

and... you did very well indeed!