Thursday, December 30, 2010

bits and snits

1. Apparently this is the time of year when I am sulky.  I am trying not to be, with limited success.

2. So I had this great idea.  B wanted a flyer route, and when I called up to sign him up for one the flyer route people had three of them lying around and so I took them all.  How hard could it be?

Gee, I don't know, stupid.  You haven't done anything but nurse your aching back for almost three solid months - how could delivering 250 flyers twice a week aggravate anything???  One of the routes is B's, one is mine, and one has been taken over by a friend and her kids until I can gracefully back out of it.  Two is do-able, especially once my body gets used to being asked to do things again, and B and I do them together, which is enjoyable but in the meantime - I hurt all. the. time.  Which leads me down the road to self-flagellation, because being out of shape is all my fault.  Especially the arthritic knees part.

It should get easier, no?  Come spring I'll be gambolling about like a newborn lamb, handing out flyers with a big smile on my (hot sweaty) face.

Today, however, it is -17 and I am attempting to convince myself I want to out into the deep freeze so I can come home and hurt and shiver for the rest of the day. 

To add insult to injury, the big doors on the van are all frozen shut, so I can't even load the cartfull of flyers into the van.  I haven't worked out exactly what I'm going to do instead, yet, and B is still asleep, due to a hockey tournament high that kept him up well past midnight.

3.  that's enough whining.  I'm going to go knit a baby sock and hope my son wakes up before noon.

No comments: