Sunday, October 17, 2010

The suffering continues apace.

It is Sunday morning.  I am not at church because sitting upright is pretty much the most painful position available.  Even if I can sit upright without pain, when I move to stand up my back starts stomping its feet and whining.

Instead I am sitting here , with my feet up on a footstool that belonged to my father:


I am knitting.  There is a small black dog on the couch across the way, hoping I'm done taking pictures of knitted items draped across her body.

There are hymns on the CD player, hot tea in my cup, and just for now, because I have been extremely careful to do pretty much nothing for the last few days and because someone was smart enough to invent freezers and ice packs, I am in no pain.

Drop by for tea any time :)

4 comments:

Barbara Quaale said...

Suffering continues a pace here also, but I found peace and comfort in your descriptions. Love to drop by some time...

Anonymous said...

"Be still and know that I am God."
What an opportunity. Oh ouch, on several levels, but one or two levels that will be good-- eventually! Love you.

Ruthie said...

If you have to miss church, than what you did was the way to do it! I missed too, but not because of my back pain...I messed up a knee and have to go to the dr. tomorrow. If it ain't one thing, it's another!! *sigh*

I'll take that cup of tea now.

Michele Henderson said...

If I could drop by for tea I would. However, I don't think I could justify the drive from Colorado Springs. I hope you're pain is easing up.