Tuesday, October 19, 2010

read this quick and I'll post something cheerful after lunch

But wait!  just thinking about lunch cheered me up, because a friend of mine makes this AMAZING vegetarian casserole just chock full of all kinds of veggies that are good for you and I can't even tell you how much I love it because it's not like I'm a writer and good with words or anything BUT!  She brought over a big container of it yesterday, and it is sitting in my refrigerator at this very moment, whispering to me about how great my lunch is going to be today.

As I am once again working on losing weight (nothing like pain to make you pay attention! see http://www.wouldshed.blogspot.com/), a veggie-rich lunch is a delight.

That's not what I fired up this thing to say but what I had to say is whining about how I overdid it yesterday by mowing the lawn scrubbing a floor running a marathon lifting a bus off a senior citizen grating a pound of cheese.  So I won't say that.

Except I have this liniment I'm supposed to use as often as possible that makes me smell like a nursing home, and it is applied with a roller ball.  Considering the size of my posterior, every time I roll it on, I think "this would go much faster with a paint brush."

Being who I am, that thought makes me grin.

5 comments:

Colleen Taylor said...

All of your thoughts make me grin. :)

Barbara Quaale said...

well the not writer line made me scowl, but the paintbrush made me lol!

Bailey said...

An amazing vegetable casserole?? How would your friend feel about sharing the recipe?

Slow'n'Steady said...

I laughed so hard at the paint roller, I dropped two pounds.

Koala Bear Writer said...

I agree with Colleen - I come here for the laughs. Are you sure you're called to write fantasy and not the next Phil Callaway book?