Saturday, October 09, 2010

Blogging takes a hiatus when all I want to do is whine

This thought has been occuring to me.

Somewhere there is someone who cannot afford health care, who is in the same pain I was in on Thursday night, and has either spent 24 hours or more waiting at a county hospital (if they live in the US) or maybe is just spending the day in a mud hut somewhere, unable to move and maybe terrified of the demons that are causing this ailment.

When I woke up at 3 am last night because the painkillers had worn off, I thanked God for painkillers, and prayed for that person, somewhere, without access to doctors or medicine who was in the same pain I was.

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Amen! I've done the same thing!

BettyJ said...

Well yes, there are all those other people, and I thank you for reminding me pray for everyone who is in pain without solace. But I'm praying just as mightily for your healing. You're a good woman, Sue. The grace you bring to every situation fills me with awe.