Thursday, September 02, 2010

Thursday Thirteen

(if I get to thirteen.  There's no telling.)

1.  The shawl, blocking.



2.  The shawl, on  a bride, whose head is not in this shot, because I didn't think I should interrupt the honeymoon to ask for permission to show off my knitting on my blog.



3.  and 3.5   A prayer shawl for a beloved friend who is undergoing chemo at the moment. 


Notice how very much like socks this shawl looks?  Yeah, she's not so much the shawl type. 

4.  I gave these socks to my SIL for Christmas 2009.  Delivered them in July 2010.  I'm so on the ball, no?



They were supposed to be totally exactly completely matching.  I came so close!

5.  We are puppy sitting.


He's a cross between a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel and a poodle.  He is the most vocal dog I have ever met.

6.  Aww, lookit them being friendsssssssssssss.



And the rest of the story:  Note the look of pleading on Toopka's face.  "The puppy has invaded my safe place.  Get it oooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttttt."
Pippin is saying:  "Who me?  I'm just hanging out here.  With Other Dog.  Nice Other Dog.  I'm not hiding anything.  What would I have to hide?"

7.  This.

This puppy has Jaws Of Steel.  I can't believe the things he can chaw through, and how quickly.  I spend most of my time rescuing bits of plastic before they hit his intestinal system.  He's just murdered a Kong while I was typing this.

8.  First Day of School today.  This is the only shot I got, and only because he didn't know he was posing for it.  He is scraping the windows of the van unnecessarily because - okay I have no idea why.



9.  A tale of two children.  One of them is old enough to take the CITY BUS to school.




The other thing in this picture is ...an eraser named BOB who has apparently been part of my son's life for four years now.

10.  I done got me a writing gig.  September's column will be there soon.

11.  A few of my favourite things.  (The shawl wasn't much bigger than what you see in this pic when the pic was taken.  It is also not blocked, so what you see is rumply leaves.)  The daylily is from the front of our house.  That may be the only day lily that bloomed this year.



12.  One of my children got up at 6:30 this morning and was barely ready to leave for school by 8:30.  The other one refused to dress up.  "It's so stupid. You get all fancy for the first day and then the second day you're just NORMAL.  I'm fast-forwarding to the second day!"

13.  More of my favourite things.  I may have posted this on the blog already but usually what happens is I take pics like this for the blog and then not post them.


6 comments:

ccap said...

Ohhhhh, I TOTALLY agree with Br... I mean your second child on the dressing bit. Nice that they're opposites, no? Be a bit overwhelming if you had 2 on either side of the spectrum.

Laurie Hynes said...

wow you gots a writing job!!! Dats so so great and i went to the site and i didn't even know about it before and i think i will go there now. Thank you for just being what you are. Are you going to the Ladies Retreat or does it conflict with your writing workshop? I just like thinking that i can be around you and it makes me happy

Ruthie said...

Congratulations on your new gig! I look forward to reading your first article.

Ruthie said...

Oh! I forgot. LOVE the shawl! You did a great job!

Koala Bear Writer said...

I like the last picture. :) And the shawl is gorgeous.

Kassi said...

I clearly remember Bob being a bird ...