Thursday, September 02, 2010

Thursday addendum to the thirteen

So this puppy - oh, this puppy.  He is so sweet and so very very bad.  "Drop it!" I say, and he drops it for a split second then carefully carries it in his mouth and gambols away.

He loves to stand at the window and bark.  I have a spouse who thinks a dog that barks, ever at all, is a dog who should be living on a farm in Minnesota. 

"No bark!" I tell the dog, firmly, and he stops barking and runs away from me, and barks from his new vantage point where he can't even SEE out the window.

At one point today one of the children came home from school and let Toopka out and then wandered off, forgetting that our dog was outside.  Our dog hung around, likely barking once at regular intervals to let us know she'd been forgotten (seriously.  She knows how much TechnoBoy hates the barking) and Pippin was in the house losing his freaking mind.  "Rorororoorororororoororowwww!" is his alarm bark - the child in question was downstairs, I was off somewhere with another child, and TechnoBoy and Pippin had this conversation:

P: OTHER DOG!  Other Dog is outside!!  Let me go outside too!!!

TB:  Shut up!

P: OTHER DOG! Other Dog is outside!! Let me go outside too!!!


TB: Shut up!

P: OTHER DOG! Other Dog is outside!! Let me go outside too!!!


TB: Shut up!

P: OTHER DOG! Other Dog is outside!! Let me go outside too!!!

TB: Shut up!


And then  I drove up and Toopka ambled over to the van and I let her in and Pippin stopped barking and all was right with the world again.

However ....

Hee.

2 comments:

Kassi said...

Sounds to me as though TB is as enamoured of Pippin as the MOTH is of my puppy :( Sadly for the MOTH I have no plans to give my puppy back ...

Robin said...

That's awesome!