Thursday, July 01, 2010

Kristin is better at titles than this.

( Kristin is over here.  I couldn't make blogger put a link in the title. )

(Also Kristin is no relation even though her maiden name is the same as mine, and her mother's name is also Susan ...)

So I was going to build myself a Cone of Silence but that looked too complicated, and then I thought "Well maybe just a real cone-shaped cone that if I was wearing it, people could only approach me if they were bleeding or on fire* or wanted to place a cup of steaming fresh coffee by my elbow" but then I realized what that would like so I settled for the Wrap of Wrath.  (interrupt me while I'm wearing it, and invoke the Wrath of the Interrupted)

Fetching, isn't it?



*or both.  I'm reasonable.

7 comments:

Kristin Roberts said...

Thanks so much for the shoutout. I'm glad you like my titles. I feel most of them are pretty ridiculous. :P And I love your Wrap of Wrath. I have some birthday hats leftover from my party that I'm thinking about fashioning into something.

Barbara Quaale said...

I'm going shopping for a Fedora of Fury!

Janet Sketchley said...

Wrap of Wrath, Fedora of Fury--I love it!

When my kids were little, I had an "office in a box"--we'd ordered Hooked on Phonics and it came in this briefcase-style, suitcase-sized box. I drew a sad excuse for a window on the inside (needed a view!) and hung some little photos. When the box was set sideways on the table and I was working in that little alcove, that was the signal to leave me alone.

Now I have a "nest" in the corner of my bedroom and when the bedroom door's closed, that's the signal that I'm at work. Sadly, I haven't been there much! And sitting on the couch with a laptop does not seem to signify to anyone (even me) that I'm working!

Megan DiMaria said...

I use big headphones to convey that I'm unavailable. Doesn't always work, though.

BTW, I couldn't help but notice your big water bottle. Go, Susan. I have an affinity for big water bottles. :)

Megan DiMaria said...

I use big headphones to convey that I'm unavailable. Doesn't always work, though.

BTW, I couldn't help but notice your big water bottle. Go, Susan. I have an affinity for big water bottles. :)

darien said...

how's it working so far?

Robin said...

Love, love, love the Wrap of Wrath. I might have to borrow that suggestion and get my own...but I think it will be "hot pink". :)