Friday, June 18, 2010

That's where smug will get you

So this morning as I was leaving my neighbourhood to go to my Mom's and watch her hold the dog for a few hours, I stopped at a Stop sign and noticed a young feller with a radar gun.

Seatbelt on?  CHECK

Going the speed limit?  CHECK

Cell phone in my purse, not at my ear?  CHECK

Dog on seat, not in my lap?  CHECK

I gave him a big friendly smile and drove away, silently congratulating myself on how well I'd done.  I stopped at a red light a few blocks away, still smiling.

And then proceeded to go through the red light.*



*almost.  I started to go and then noticed the light was still red.

2 comments:

Robin said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...seriously that's probably the funniest thing I have heard in awhile. But you shouldn't have added the part with the asterisk. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Colleen Taylor said...

I so do stuff like that ... as you well know. I chuckle in identification ...