Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hey hi!

This is apparently my 839th post. Go me.

So I was away. Annual pilgrimage to the Castle thingummy. Fourth annual, even. I go away and sit at the feet of people what know how to write books, and come away changed.

The first year I went from "I can't write a book" to "I can, however, write a scene. And then another scene, and then ..."

The second year I has some Issues to solve. (have blogged rather cryptically about that year on May 1, 2, and 5 of 2008) I can tell you now that what that looked like was the better part of an hour sobbing and trying to talk through sobs while someone held my hands and poured a healing river of words over my head. It changed me.

The third year I asked God if I could please not have a melt down. He obliged, and it was just such a lovely time of relaxing and learning.

The fourth year, ie, this one, I cried when I drove through the gates. When you sign up for a conference at Glen Eyrie, the staff there starts praying for you BY NAME. Stuff happens, man. I brought 4 friends with me this year, and I cried all week. Not gutspilling life changing - mostly I wandered around watching people come to life, beloved friends who needed what this most beautiful of places has to offer. I had one morning where I grabbed my journal mid-class and wrote "okay Lord I am ready to have this solved. Why do I believe This Here Thing and This Here Other Thing?" and just like that, the answer was there. Huh. Who knew?

And now I'm home and I will finish my novel this year, yes I will. If I don't finish this one, how will I ever write the next one?

6 comments:

Kristin Roberts said...

I'm glad this year was good for you. It was for me too. That really is a life-changing place. I spent some time bawling my eyes out as well. God revealed some amazing things to me. I hope I get to go back next year. :)

Anonymous said...

Biker Babe says "You Rock!" :)

Robin said...

Glad you had such a great time. :)

darien said...

smile

Tricia said...

I can't wait to read your novel love! And, thanks to your introduction to it, I plan on attending a conference at Glen Eyrie next year... not positive which one, but I am going to go...

Colleen Taylor said...

Ahhhhh! Just reading this is a breath of fresh air.

I'm going to a writers conference this week, too, in Guelph. Hoping for similar metanoia moments.