Friday, April 16, 2010

Ok EWWWWWWWWWW

(subtitled: When Google is Not Your Friend)

So I'm trying to figure out how that whole harvesting manually thing works, because I happen to be writing a book where grain is growing and it's harvest time, and the fictional world my book is set in has no machinery, and I don't know if they swathe one day and leave it lie and then go stook it, or if they swathe'n'stook as they go, so I type "harvesting by hand" into my search engine and get:

Body harvesting, or cadaver harvesting, is the process of collecting and preparing cadavers for anatomical study. In a similar sense, organ harvesting is the removal of tissues or ...

I need to go lie down.

6 comments:

Karen said...

I think that could be filed under I'm sorry I asked...yuck.

Thanks for the doggie info. I finally heard back from the breeder and they have posted info on their website. So, I guess we keep on praying for the time being.

Kay Day said...

keep it in a file for a future book. :)

corrie said...

Gross. Maybe that's how the screenwriter got the idea for that new movie about the repo men who go around and take back people's mechanical organs...

Colleen Taylor said...

Okay, that's HILARIOUS!
How we will laugh together as we drive on Thursday. And when we arrive at our destination, we will shop: you for yarn, and me (and possibly you) for books. And I will visit at least one old friend. And you will visit at least one new-ish friend. And then I will go to Spiritwood to help bury my grandmother, where people are guaranteed to cry and laugh together. And then I will go back to Sasktoon to give writing workshops alongside you and we will eat supper and we might stay overnight again or we might just get in the van and drive home, because home is a good place to be (for as long as it's still home--I'm thinking of mine, not yours, even though sometimes you complain about the other occupants of yours--at least I think that's who you were complaining about in the previous post). And can you tell that this comment is slightly influenced by your lovely flowing writing style? Is mine more run-on?

Ordinary Reader said...

Hi. I've been reading through your blog. I love it! I love your writing and you sound like a lot of fun. You have a new follower!

Robin said...

Note: Be very, very specific about what you're looking for when you google. But that is hilarious. Ok, I know I may be a little morbid...but kinda cool.