Friday, August 07, 2009

Public Service Announcement/Warning

Before you all think "Hey if *SHE* could climb the Eiffel Tower, I bet *I* could!" I just have a few things to say:

1) you're right. You likely could.

2) I think it fair to warn you what could happen.

You could get home from your vacation and look around at your house that has not been properly cleaned for lo, these many months because you are too tired/sore/busy/lazy and instead of being completely overwhelmed by the mess that is the kitchen floor, you might think:

I climbed the freaking Eiffel Tower, I can wash a floor.

And you might wash the floor on your hands and knees with a scrub brush, which it totally needs, and you might find out that your back and your knees put up with a whole lot more cleaning than you have been telling yourself they can for years.

A terrible snowballing thing might happen. You might start baking again, looking up new recipes in cookbooks, washing walls, cleaning out cupboards that haven't seen the light of day since you moved in. You might actually clean your oven*, because after all, you climbed the Eiffel Tower - how bad can three years of cooked on grime be?

So go ahead, book your ticket. Just don't say I didn't warn you.



*the other day I was reading old blog posts (apparently there is time for that even with all the cleaning/tidying) and I am happy to report that it has been at least a year since I've hidden dirty dishes in my oven.)

6 comments:

Karen said...

I once tried that dish hiding in the oven trick. Only I forgot they were there and my mother-in-law found them one day when she was trying to be helpful and was putting dinner into the oven for me...she wasn't impressed :)

mmichele said...

I would say that climbing the Eiffel tower is WAY easier than washing the floor...

Carolyn said...

Baby...YOU 'tower" above all your chores like that and I might have you over to do mine!

Joanna Mallory said...

You're empowered! Must be the air at the top of the tower.

The rest of your family climbed the tower too, right? Can you get them into action?

Kassi said...

If I could just work out somewhere to hide the dirty oven!!!

Colleen Taylor said...

Oh Susan, I LOVE the way you think ... and act ... and sometimes just go feral, barely acting at all.