Thursday, August 27, 2009

Is it just me?

Or do other people make cryptic notes to themselves in the margins of books and then not have one freaking clue what they're referring to?

Re-reading Writing Begins With The Breath* today, I found this note next to an underlined section. The underlined section reads "If we can't extend ourselves compassion, we can't extend it to others." In the margin, I have helpfully jotted down "J novel". I am now completely derailed because one half of my brain is reading and the other half is saying "J? who is J? am I writing another novel that I don't remember? Could I forget a whole freaking novel? J? J. Huh. Maybe I should write one." Etc. Have completely lost the ability to focus on what the lovely Ms Herring is attempting to say about compassion.


*I love this book. I love it the second time, and I will love it the 200th time. If I live that long.

2 comments:

Karen said...

You are not alone. I've become so bad that sometimes I am not even sure what it is that I have written on the calendar. I've learned I need to be less cryptic!

Colleen Taylor said...

lol!