Monday, May 18, 2009

Never gets old

8 am. Phone rings. I answer, amazed that I can even find the phone at 8 am on a Saturday morning, when I've been asleep for all of about 5 hours. It's my Mom, wanting to know how I am. The conversation is not long.

8:15 am. See above.

9:00 am I briefly consider pitching the handset through the bedroom window, but I've managed to misplace one of the three already, and then we'd be down to one, and therefore sometimes forced to SIT IN ONE SPOT while we're on the phone.

So YAY! she is feeling better but BOO! she is boredboredbored.

But that's not what the title of this post is referring to. No, the title is referring to ...stuff on my dog. Someone at church the other day asked me if the dog was getting paid to model and for a split second I thought "No, but could she? Maybe that would pay more than poetry." Alas, the questioner was referring to the recurring Stuff on My Dog theme of this blog. (seriously, why is anyone still reading this? I read the last 5 months over a few days ago and while I may be sketchy on the details, what I remember is "My mother is sick, look I knit something, still sick, still knitting, sick, knit, sick, knit ..."



In the interest of mixing things up a bit, perhaps I'll seek a different model for the thing the dog is wearing for you today. If I ever finish it. I started at 8 stitches and increased 4 stitches every other row, and I'm now at over 400 stitches per row (I did not improve my life one teeny tiny bit by counting those stitches, either!) and a row takes approximately 2 million hours to knit. And still I press on. Why? Because it's more tangible than a plot-less novel full of people I like, that's why.

2 comments:

Kay Day said...

Is it another simple yet effective shawl?
I hate counting.
Unless I don't have to, then I don't mind.
Other people like those people, too and we are really wanting to find out what happens to them. Come on...

Daisy Patch said...

awwww.I didn't mean you had to change your model.She is adorable.:D (or your knitting for that matter) this is your life.share it.otherwise what else would I have to read!