Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hey! it's Wednesday!

So today I was working on a secret knitting project. I looked at my watch before I started. Right around 1:45.

I cast on 88 stitches, checked the time because I had to leave the house at 2:15 to pick kids up from school. (yes that's early but the reasons why I go so early are long and boring except for the part where I get to knit for 20 minutes while I wait)
It was 1:45.

Cool. I knit 2 rounds and checked the time. Quarter to 2.

I knit another round and realized I hated the way I cast it on, so I frogged it and rewound the yarn, and hey! I didn't have to leave for another half an hour, I should be all proactive and start supper. Was very pleased with the lightning like speed with which that pattern was knitting up.

I walked into the kitchen, threw 3 lbs of hamburger in the frying pan (saves time to freeze it cooked!) and glanced at the kitchen clock. 2:15.

Apparently knitting does NOT stop time.

Also belatedly apparent? That free watch I got at that store was worth exactly what I paid for it.

***

In other news, I was praying about the novel last night, telling God there was really no point trying to write anything more between now and my annual trip to the castle in June when it became clear that that was absolute hogwash. Really? I asked. How many words should I try to add between now and then? (it's hard to describe this, really - but there are times when prayer really IS dialog) And a number popped into my head and I went home and counted out how many days I could reasonably expect to write between now and then and came up with an embarrassingly easy daily quota. I am happy to report that I reached my quota today.

***

1 comment:

Koala Bear Writer said...

That's really funny about the watch. Good for you for reaching your quota - I really need to settle down with a writing project. I've been working on short stuff lately because tackling a novel seems sooo... big. But as you say, if I put it in daily quotas...