Monday, January 12, 2009

Rouse then, soldiers, rally round the banner ...

Mom has been moved to a different hospital, because the surgery she needs is not done at the hospital she was at.

Meeting with the surgeon today - should have a better idea what to expect when after that meeting.

"Gird your armour on/Stand firm everyone/rest your cause upon His holy word."

and in case that doesn't take you to your knees -

our neighbours across the street, parents of the unforgettable Zippy and the adorable three year old who shouts for joy when he sees me, are headed to another city this week, with their 17 day old baby, because she needs open heart surgery to correct three major problems with her heart. As I have not asked permission to ask for prayer for them, I'm not giving names, but God will know who you mean.

Christ is captain of the mighty throng.

Hymn lovers? What hymn am I quoting from? I can't pin it down.

7 comments:

Bailey said...

Sound the Battle Cry

(if you want to "hear" it:
http://my.homewithgod.com/heavenlymidis2/battlecry.html)

Kay Day said...

ahh, I was humming and singing and couldn't think of the title either. That takes me WAY back.

I will be praying.

The Koala Bear Writer said...

Never heard the hymn, but it sounds good. I have such a long list of things to pray for this week, God is going to get tired of listening to me! I'll just add these to the list...

violet said...

Oh my - so much pain in this world. Was thinking about you and your mom today and the thought came - God is never late. All the waiting and foot-dragging by the docs will work out. Will keep praying.

Slow'n'Steady said...

Here's a place for the entire lyrics of Battle Cry...

http://library.timelesstruths.org/music/Sound_the_Battle_Cry/

jbondsgirl said...

I am praying for your mom and for that dear little one. Those poor parents; I cannot imagine. I need to go kiss my son right now.

Great hymn.

xo
Flicka

Trish said...

How'd the appointment with the surgeon go? Do you know how the baby's surgery went? **hugs**