Saturday, December 20, 2008

Holding Pattern

Last I heard, the medical profession has no interest in performing this operation on a 71 year old woman with heart trouble.

The 71 year old woman? Would like to stop hurting. She was fine when she wasn't eating anything, and fine with a clear fluid diet, but last night, after her first solid food in six days, she was asking for painkillers. Hopefully that's just the stomach going "Whoa! What IS this stuff???" and not the stomach saying "Uhh. No thanks. I've got these lungs in my way ..."

There are a few more tests they want to run so we don't know how long she will be in the hospital and we don't know and we don't know and we don't know.

What I do know is Proverbs 3: 5 & 6 is still true. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding."

And Flicka? I'm invoking the power of the T-shirt ;)

4 comments:

Kay Day said...

you are very much on my mind.
Still praying!

jbondsgirl said...

I am wearing that t-shirt right now!

Prov. 3:5&6 are some of my favorite verses. I've leaned on them in some very trying times and have never been steered wrong. I'm praying for you, Sue. And hugging you from way over here.

xoxo
Flicka

Momstheword said...

Hey, 71 isn't all that old! It used to be about 30 years ago.:) I pray all will go well.

QOTW said...

71 is NOT too old to be treated with whatever means needed unless there are other problems to prevent surgery. Sometimes 30 and 40 year olds think 70 is old. In the not too distant future, they will change their minds.