Thursday, November 20, 2008

The best laid plans ....

so last week, I got really smart and booked a shave for the dog (she's got weird poodle/cocker hair, and is almost impossible to brush. And I don't clip her myself, because she uses all four of her legs on a daily basis, and would miss the one I would undoubtedly remove) at a place just down the street from my mom's new place. I was going to be so efficient. Drop the dog off, go to Mom's, walk up there with Mom when the dog was done ...soft music was likely going to play, and there would be sun.

Here's how that went.

8:00 am. ACK. Need to finish Mom's laundry before I go or her head will explode.

9:00 am. Oops. Fell asleep in the tub. Dash downstairs and throw clothes in the dryer, get dressed, cast a despairing glance at the dishes, check my e-mail, read a few blogs - ...

9:45 GASP. Is that the time? Decide to put Mom's dry clothes in the car and fold them in the parking lot before going in to the nursing home. (the one that wants to charge us $40/mo to do Mom's laundry for her)

9:46 Wow, that velour stuff sure doesn't dry well, does it.

9:47 Leave for the groomer's without the laundry. Drop the dog off late because of an altercation with a traffic circle. Ask when I can pick the dog up, thinking noon would be good. And ...three o'clock it is.

So I went back home and finished the laundry and took it back down to Mom's, and hung out there making her laugh until 2-ish, at which point I went home in order to be home when B got home from school. When he got home, I went back down and picked up the dog.

Three trips to Mom's neighbourhood. Wow that was efficient.

And the sun-sparkled walk? There was a howling north wind and the sun was in hiding.

And the dog tried to bite the groomers, so I got to pay extra.

And how was YOUR day?

4 comments:

Momstheword said...

Your day seems about right! Look at it this way; at least you got it all done, unless you forgot the dishes....

The Koala Bear Writer said...

Ah, why does stuff never work out the way we think it does? Today I went out for errands, lost track of time, and missed seeing my husband when he popped in after work to grab his stuff before leaving for the weekend... grrr.

Kay Day said...

At least you can go to your mom's three times in one day!

Slow'n'Steady said...

if the dog tried to bite the groomers, they probably deserved it. I would take the dog somewhere else next time. I think it's the traffic circle's fault.