Thursday, November 13, 2008

As promised ...

Reasons A rocks:

1. Wrestling season again. She won all three of her matches today, in about 30 seconds flat each time (often less), by pinning her opponent. And blushed when we praised her for it later.

2. When my Mom and I got to Mom's new room (did I mention? FIFTEEN minutes from my house, when I'm going the speed limit), there was a pumpkin pie on the night table to welcome my Mom. A has never made pie in her life, but found a recipe for pie crust on the Internet, and tried it out.

3. We had a pot luck lunch at church on Sunday, to welcome a Cambodian family who has just joined our little family. A got up early Sunday morning to look up Cambodian recipes on the Internet, and made coconut pound cake for them, so they'd have a food they could recognize in amongst everything else.

I wish I had just an OUNCE of her "Why Not?" attitude.

5 comments:

Vacant Uterus said...

Dude, your daughter is awesome. There is absolutely nothing she can't do. She's that girl that other girls wish they were.

Kay Day said...

very excellent. I am especially impressed with her thoughtfulness.

ccap said...

Wow.

Heather said...

Yeah, she definitely rocks.

The Koala Bear Writer said...

Wow, that's sooo cool. :)