Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Drugs are bad for you

So last night, I tossed a handfull of pills (estrogen, progesterone, vitamin, fish oil, glucosamine) into my mouth and swallowed. Most of them.

One of them got stuck in my trachea, which I managed to dislodge after coughing up half a lung. (very messy putting that back. I don't suggest you try it) Still couldn't find the durn thing, though, but I had this irresistable urge to blow my nose. Which didn't go away, no matter how many times I did just that. I finally inhaled through my nose and the offending pill plopped into the back of my throat.

I spit it out. (I knew where it had been) Imagine my surprise when I saw that it was NOT the teeny tiny progesterone pill that I keep losing - it was the estrogen. The big round estrogen that looks for all the world like a plump white pea.

Just say NO, kids.

2 comments:

Vacant Uterus said...

Ewwwww!

Once I made my brother laugh when he was in the middle of swallowing an antibiotic pill for his acne. (We were teenagers at this point.) It went straight up his nose so hard that he couldn't get it dislodged no matter how hard he tried and we all watched him writhe in pain as it slowly dissolved and released a concentrated burst of tetracycline right onto his delicate sinus tissues. It was hilarious! Horrible that we laughed, I know. but it was just. so. funny. watching him jump around. We still laugh about it at family gatherings as he woundedly exclaims "That HURT!"

Slow'n'Steady said...

Thanks for making me laugh right out loud. My hernia didn't think it was hilarious, but I love it.