Friday, September 19, 2008

Hello I am editttttting poetry

...so I spend the whole day taking out words and adding in words and banging my head against walls both literal and metaphorical and what passes for sane inside my head is shifting and really, by the end of the day, I am convinced that I am completely unable to string two words together in any semblance of coherence so even though things happen that I want to blog about (like yesterday. Wow. Yesterday would have made Mary Poppins sink to the floor sobbing.), I do not have the fortitude to face WORDS by the time my work day is done.

Also, what is a more compelling way to say "High School Reunion" when the poem in question is talking about running into an individual that you'd rather forget because "there's a dangerous quality to your light/layers that swirl through shadow/promise a journey less ordinary/than meek sailing to harbour"? (Flicka, I know you can do this!)0

Off to pick a child up from a sport. I do that a lot. I have the sports acuity of Jello, and yet I have these two satisfying active children who race up and down fields and rinks and score. It's ...lovely, is what it is, and that's the other reason I didn't blog yesterday. Who cares if I dropped the soup and burned the cheese toast and melted the square of chocolate in my pocket and could NOT stop talking to B's poor teacher who really just wanted to put a face to my name and finally went to bed so nothing else could happen? Who cares? Because my kids rock, and my husband grins and winks at me and likes to hear about my day (even if it involved a dentist's bill of $1800 and the dog was so sick of errands she ran and hid when I asked her if she wanted to go for a car ride) and I am BLESSED. It's like being in Fiji and complaining about sand in your shorts. It's like SHUT UP already.

Eek. Almost late. Later kids.

6 comments:

ccap said...

Perhaps you and Mary Poppins and I should have gone out for a shot or two last night.

Psst: I noticed an update in Bloglines and in my head I was thinking "oh, I hope it's AP" and it was. Yay.

ccap said...

Although, on second thought, we could have ditched Mary somewhere. I might have slugged her with her whole "spoon full of sugar" optimism.

Vacant Uterus said...

*stares like a deer caught in headlights*

Ummmm....

Okay, before I give you an answer, tell me more. Do I want to forget him (because it's got to be a him, right?) because I'm still kind of attracted to him after all these years and I really want to get ON that boat? Or because I got on that boat once and I'm still a little queasy from the ride?

Okay, I'm off to thinking...

Vacant Uterus said...

"a gathering of our former selves"

Eh....maybe. Lemme go to bed and think on it more. Ye Olde Brain needs time to marinate.

Kay Day said...

What do you call a male Siren?


If only these ships would pass each other already!


The ship of the damned.

Temptation.

All that glitters...

Vortex

Encounter

Breathless

Beyond all reason

Ok, I'm done storming my weary brain.

The Koala Bear Writer said...

This is why I read your blog... it makes me laugh for a while. ;) When I grow up, I want to be as funny a writer as you are.