Thursday, August 21, 2008

Worship

Last week in BC, wandering down one of the many lovely pathways that Capernwray Harbour Bible Centre is dotted with, I passed a woman pushing a stroller. The child in the stroller was around 4 years old, and she held something in discarded granola bar wrappper. I looked closer.

It was a tiny baby bird. Quite dead. She stroked it with a finger, and when I bent closer, she held it up for me. I extended one tiny wing, marvelling at the colours in the feathers, and the child held it up so I see could the tiny beak, the small hard dots of eyes.

She was fascinated by it. I later heard that she had carried it around until bedtime.

How do you think God felt about that?

I know how *I* would feel if someone was that enthralled by something I had made.

3 comments:

Trish said...

wow...

Kay Day said...

aww. Kinda like a porcupine.

Karen said...

I'm not sure if I should be cheering for the little girl with such a tender heart and appreciation for God's creation, or her mother, who allowed her child to carry around a dead bird.