Thursday, July 10, 2008

Where We've Been

Oh, away. Tuesday we kept driving over state lines saying "Hey, the dress has been to Idaho now" but I never felt like stopping to change just to take a picture of a sign saying "Welcome to Washington" with a large woman standing beside it, so here's another picture from Monday that I liked.



And here's where we were yesterday. I listened to a guide talking about how fast the landslide moved and scribbled data like mad, but really, it boils down to - wow. It was awe-inspiring and sobering and the stories of people surviving by riding logs through a mudslide and people with tiny babies racing for their lives brought tears to my eyes.



And here's a little shot I like to call Are We There Yet?



And in shampoo news (what? don't you all have shampoo news?), on Tuesday morning my hair smelled like lime and coconut and boy, do I want to find a Bath and Body Works and get me some of that product, and yesterday my hair smelled like oatmeal cookies, which was ...distracting ...and today my hair just feels clean. No identifiable odour.

6 comments:

Accidental Poet said...

ksdjflakjdflsak

Accidental Poet said...

ksdjflakjdflsak

Vacant Uterus said...

She put the lime in the coconut and drank it all up, she put the lime in the coconut, she called the doctor, woke him up, said DOCTAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Ahem. Sorry. Could NOT resist.

I like your Are We There Yet photo! Gives the sock puppet a whole new feel, you know?

Kay Day said...

I would so much love to take a road trip with no particular goal or agenda! Love it! Especially if it were in the UK, but you know, here would be fun, too, or Canada. And with the kids not with us, because the "are we there yet" part is not really that funny, and neither is car-sickness.

Kay Day said...

You know, if you click on those pictures they are Really Big and you would not believe what is reflected in those sunglasses!

Ha - scare ya?

Momstheword said...

Hi. I came to your blog from Loopdeloops (my daughter). I went back and read most of your older blogs. You are a hoot humor wise! or is that humour wise? I too am overweight and have wondered about insulin resistance. Some doctors poo poo the idea; they just think you aren't trying hard enough. You have encouraged me. Thank you.