Friday, July 18, 2008

Where to start?

My BIL wrote a song to his firstborn, almost 13 years ago.

"I'll keep trying to answer your questions
the way a Daddy should
and reminding you that Jesus loves you
and God is always good."

Jesus loves you, and God is always good.

It must have been at least three years ago that I became aware that one of my children was praying fervently for something I was anguished to be unable to deliver. How heartbreaking it can be, to stand back and wait for God's timing in the lives of our children.

And yet. How very comforting it is when the "Wait" turns to "Yes".

Tonight my heart is alive with praise, and although it is late, and I am tired, I could not go to bed without thanking God publicly for blessing my child beyond all that was asked or imagined.

5 comments:

Kay Day said...

Yay! Cryptic, but still... Yay! God is good! And how I love to watch Him love my kids!!

QOTW said...

Very touching. This was a wonderful moment.

ccap said...

Me: Happy together with you and child and others involved.

Vacant Uterus said...

Hey, I have that CD!

I'm not sure what that blessing is and I'm afraid to speculate. But I'm happy to acknowledge with you that God is indeed good, always and always. I'm rejoicing with you and your family in this good news.

Angi said...

Love that line! Love it!