Sunday, July 27, 2008

Hi, I'm stupid

SIGH.

One day into the holiday without TechnoBoy and I have

a) completely soaked my laptop bag and the carpet on the floor of the van. I have not yet asked darien-the-commenter if I ruined her leather purse in the process.

b) left the charger for my camera battery at home

c) left the power cord for my computer at home

d) said "NO. BARK." to the dog 816 times.

e) been startled out of a sound sleep twice by a barking dog, who just happens to belong to me.

Right then. Off to load the van. No clue what I'm doing with the laptop while the bag continues to dry out.

(also may I just add that attempting to sleep with one of my children is like trying to sleep in a blender? There's a lot of thrashing about and flailing - I was trying to read after the kids went to sleep and the book I was reading was punched out of my hands not once but twice.)

4 comments:

Kay Day said...

whoo hoo! oK. This time, I am not envious of you, ay?
Do you spell ay A-Y or E-H? Anyway. Have tons of fun!

Kassi said...

Are you kidding?!?! I won't sleep in the same ROOM as K, let alone the same bed ...

Kay Day said...

I tagged you on my blog. I'm sorry. Feel free to express your freedom and disregard.

Robin said...

Sounds like a day in the life of a busy mom. I can relate.