Tuesday, July 08, 2008

hey guess what?

This morning, in the hotel room, I kissed my husband good morning and nobody rolled their eyes and told us to get a room.* Nobody is asking for breakfast and noone turned cartoons on at 6 a.m.

How is this possible?

We are on a holiday without our children. Where are we going? We don't even care.

Do I miss my kids? You bet. B is off to Bible Camp for the first time this year - is he okay? can he sleep without John Avery Whittaker on the CD player and a fan blowing straight into his face? A is at "cousin camp", which is really my SIL being a fantastic woman and taking a week out of her summer to make amazing memories for five young girls. I even miss the dog, but I don't miss having a dog in a hotel room.

A friend with several children found out we were going and could not stop enthusing about it. You can eat ice cream in the middle of the afternoon and not have to share it! You can eat in a restaurant and not cut anyone's food! She called me aside and pressed something into my hand. "It's a sundress," she said. "If I can't go anywhere, at least my clothes can!"

So I present to you -

The Sisterhood of the Travelling Dress, Installment One, Wild Goose Island, The Going To The Sun Road, Montana











*Yes, this has happened in the past. My response was "We did!"

9 comments:

ccap said...

What fun! Hope you have a delightful time.

Vacant Uterus said...

Hey you! There is the face behind all the words! Why are you hiding behind that large pole thing?

I hope you have a lovely vacation full of ice cream, sleeping in and unplanned adventures of the very best time. Try to get lost at least once, okay?

Kay Day said...

Hey... you aren't a penguin....
shoot.

darien said...

um...so why are we bringing the dog again?

Jen said...

Have a wonderfully safe, kid-free vacation!

Kassi said...

Who's taking care of the robins while you're gone ?

Slow'n'Steady said...

I shouldn't read this at work. Where is my kleenex? So happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey you two...it looks like you're having WAY TOO MUCH FUN!!! Good for you! See ya soon. CA

The Koala Bear Writer said...

Love the dress! :)