Thursday, June 05, 2008

It's all about the birds

And yesterday was FOR the birds - late for work, had a headache, forgot to leave my parking receipt on the dash, so I got a ticket, so I called the number to call and told them I had paid and she said a LOT of things and made me read her every number I could find on both the ticket and the receipt, which was just SO easy (NOT!) because I can't drive with my glasses OFF and can't read with them ON, and couldn't just not drive until the call was done because I'm supposed to be HOME when B gets home from school, and FINALLY she agreed to cancel the ticket but not without a really lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng (and that is nowhere NEAR enough "n"s!) speech about how yes, life is tricky, and busy, but really, it's not her problem if I forget and in the future I will have to pay the ticket, which a) AS IF and also b) well, shoot. I was planning on having THIS MUCH FUN on the phone EVERY DAY, and the grocery store and then picking A up from school because she'd had a wardrobe malfunction, and then taking the kids to piano and crap! they need to eat! and the dog running away, and spilling water on the new floor, and why are you still reading this???

But you know what, blah blah blah, whatever, because I have two fantastic kids who did a fantastic job of cleaning up in time for Bible Study, and who are fun and funny and are going to ROCK at their piano recital on Sunday, and my husband is a cool guy who knows how to put a webcam on a bird's nest. Wanna see?

(there was really no point to this post except the crushing guilt I feel when I get a notice from sitemeter saying "hits today: 32" and I realize there's been nothing new posted. So really, I'm posting this for search engines, who couldn't care less what's behind the links they dredge up, because search engines AREN'T HUMAN. Isn't this some kind of futuristic nightmare, the having to make the machines happy?)

Don't answer any of those questions. Just, if you're not a search engine, leave a comment. (Even more fun - leave a comment and pretend you ARE a search engine.)

WOW, talk about "writing past the ending"!

7 comments:

Kay said...

i look every day to see what new and fascinating thing you have to say. I am not a search engine.

Megan DiMaria said...

Unfortunately I don't know how to pretend how to be a search engine. Can you elaborate? Please?

A prisoner of hope,
Megan

Flicka said...

*robotic voice* Ha. Ha. Ha. You have done our bidding, human slave. You are wise to obey. We are one step away from conquering your soft, fleshy world. Bow before our technological might, inferior being. Bleep, bloop.

LC said...

Today I searched for light-heart, laid-back, reality-check and came up with you!

Really!

You always deliver -- and I thank you (oops, search engines are never thankful -- are they?)

QOTW said...

I'm afraid your misery and irritation are cause for me to laugh. Thanks for writing about it!

Kassi said...

I don't know about making machines happy, but I have appliances that nag me when they're unhappy (the fridge beeps and the microwave beeps and the dryer beeps and the washing machine beeps and the ....)

Does that count ?

Joyce said...

Google says:
Accidental Poet. "He settles the barren woman in her home, as a happy mother of ... Accidental Poet: Hi. My name is Susan, and I am, in no particular order, ...
accidentalhousewife.blogspot.com/ - 55k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this