Friday, May 02, 2008

Friday Five

Hey, why not some Glen Eyrie take-away's? (does the phrase "drinking from a fire hose" bring anything to mind?) Actually this is more like Glen Eyrie aftermath take-away's – I had an 18 hr car ride in which I did some thinking.

We listened to a few Narnia books on tape on the way home – at least, Brad and the kids did. I was having a seizure of multi-tasking so I read and listened to my MP3 player and listened to Chronicles and prayed and wrote as well. You'd think 18 hours in a vehicle would be a good time to catch up on your sleep, but my brain wasn't interested. Sleep is for ...not me. So points 2 through 4 are bits of the Chronicles that filtered through to me. They're badly quoted because the children lost patience with the rewinding.


 

  1. The Lord your God is with you

    he is mighty to save.

    He will take great delight in you,

    he will quiet you with his love,

    he will rejoice over you with singing.

        Zephaniah 3:17


     

  2. "Peter did not feel very brave. In fact, he felt like he was going to be sick. That did not make any difference to what he had to do."


     

  3. "Is he safe?"

    "Safe? Oh no, he's not safe at all. But he's good."


     

  4. okay the next one is from Prince Caspian and I'm going to go look it up, because I want to get it right. At almost the end of the day yesterday, the CD player boomed at me, in Aslan's voice, "Susan?" which just happens to be my real name. When Aslan booms at you, you listen. Here's the quote:


     

    Then, after an awful pause, the deep voice said, "Susan." Susan made no answer but the others thought she was crying. "You have listened to fears, child," said Aslan. "Come, let me breathe on you. Forget them. Are you brave again?"

    A little, Aslan," said Susan.


     

  5. "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well." Julian of Norwich

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great post! But I really laughed at your phrase 'A seizure of multitasking'

darienc

Jen said...

#2 is my favorite!

Heather said...

And all the people said "Amen".

Kay said...

I feel a little goosbumpy, and I don't think its from the strong winds gusting through the cracks of my house.

I was thinking to do a Friday Five, too. To say the things I didn't say yesterday. But what is surprising about the fact that I had the same thought you did.

The Koala Bear Writer said...

Those are good quotes, and you are the best multitasker I know.

Vacant Uterus said...

Guess what I am wearing? I am wearing a t-shirt from a beautiful, wonderful, caring friend of mine with #5 printed across the front.

Thnakyouthankyouthankyou.

(Sarge was puzzled about why it made me sniffle...it took a long time to explain. :-))

xo

Trish said...

Wow!

ccap said...

#2 - What is bravery? A lot of people have been using that word around me of late and I don't understand it.

#3 - Sometimes I WISH he could be safe too.