Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A Contest!!

I know there are some of you sitting there thinking "Man, I wish I knew where I could my hands on a collection of short stories that would be guaranteed to be a great read."



(I couldn't find a bigger version of this picture. If you're really curious, buy yourself a copy on Amazon ;)

This contest is for you. You, yes you, can win your very own autographed copy of A Crack In The Wall, written by Calgary's own Betty Jane Hegerat.

Here's what Oolichan Books has to say about this release:

A Crack in the Wall takes the reader on a voyeuristic walk down suburban streets, a glimpse into open windows at people yearning for what was, and making their reluctant peace with what is, and what will be.

And about the writer herself -

“Betty Jane Hegerat is a gifted and compelling storyteller. She deals in ordinary people who lead ordinary lives, but by some unobtrusive narrative magic, her people become extraordinary.”
–David Carpenter.


Launch is tonight, and I'm buying YOU a copy. All you have to do to make it yours is leave a comment, and be the lucky winner!

16 comments:

Krista said...

Ooo! Pick me! I'm desperate for new things to read!!

pamero said...

I'm (very slowly) compiling a list of all the good books you suggest and I think my summer reading will be quite interesting...

Vacant Uterus said...

Pick me! Pick me! I'll be your friend forever!

Okay, I'll be your friend forever anyway. Shouldn't you make us do something more than comment, though? Like write a short story of our own?

Oh my goodness, I'm THAT kid. The one who asks for more homework. I have to go have someone give me a wedgie now...

Anonymous said...

A contest! A contest! .. yeah!! .. I too should be compiling a list of books that you think are marvelous (because I totally trust your judgement!) ... Beanie in Redwater

Heather said...

Throw my name in the hat - I need more reading material.

Kay said...

I'm commenting.

The Koala Bear Writer said...

I want it!!! They say the best way to learn to write is to read... so I'm looking for some good stories. :)

Kassi said...

:P (does that count as a comment ?)

BettyJ said...

Can I pull the name out of the hat?!
BettyJ
ps I am so honoured by your contest, Sue. Huge thanks!

darien said...

well heck, I can leave a comment for a new book!

darien said...

i can even leave two!

darien said...

man, you like to leave people hangin!

darien said...

man, you like to leave people hangin!

darien said...

this is a test to see how very annoying i can be, apparently ;-)

violet said...

This is the very same lady who wrote the book I reviewed, right? Ooh, put my name in the hat please.

Trish said...

Well, if you think it's a good read, I know it must be! Sign me up! If I don't win, that's ok, I'll probably order it anyway, just because I am desperate for some stories to read, and something to take my mind off all that's going on here! :)