Monday, April 07, 2008

I want this on my tombstone

 

 

So someone called me “eccentric” the other day.  After thinking about if for a bit, I thought I needed clarification of that, so we had the following e-mail exchange.

 

Me: How is “eccentric” different from “weird”?  Because when I think “eccentric” I think of the mad scientist in Back to the Future.

 

Friend: Well, that's just your perception of eccentric. I see it as someone who forges their own way, but without stealing plutonium.

 

I think I need that on a T-shirt.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Okay, that's funny. I totally want one of those t-shirts!

Trish said...

Can I have one of those t-shirts too??? :)

Vacant Uterus said...

Awesome definition!

If I may take a moment to get all nerdy: the literal translation of "eecentric" (which is Greek) means "outside of the center." So I would interpret that to mean that you don't go with the flow. You're not just allowing gravity or magentism or whatever to pull you in any given direction. You're thinking about things and determining a direction from there.

That's too much for a t-shirt, so totally go with what your friend said. I'm all done getting geeky all over your blog. :-)

xo
Flicka

Kassi said...

I hereby volunteer to be the Southern Hemisphere distributor of afore-mentioned T-shirts (on the condition I qualify for staff discount) ... :)

Kay said...

Great definition!
My sister and I have actually made it a goal to be eccentric and by that we kinda meant like the mad scientist on Back to the Future. So hang on to your plutonium.

WendyJanelle said...

I want one of those shirts, too! You should start mass production!

Robin said...

I like that :)