Thursday, March 27, 2008

thirteen things you might not know, or might not care about

1. Any time of the day or night, there is an episode of CSI or Law and Order on TV

2. Mr Peterman is now hosting Family Feud

3. Even though I know how it turns out, I still can't watch the episode where Elaine eats the $27,000 piece of cake without wanting her to STOP IT

4. It is possible to get tired of a dog who wants your attention.

5. Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup is delicious.

6. My daughter can cook whole meals without input from me. Tuesday night I went downstairs to see if she'd forgotten she was cooking because she hadn't asked me any questions and I was halfway down the stairs when she sang out "Supper's ready, everyone!" And she did the same thing Wednesday night. The coolest thing about that is her obvious sense of deep satisfaction.

7. I'm starting to like my novel again.

8. I am smarter than a guy with a PhD on "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth-Grader"

9. It snowed here today.

10. Our laundry is once again caught up.

11. I have been too sick to READ. (People who know me are making plans to attend the funeral.)

12. On the other hand, a friend of mine called me a voracious reader the other day and I thought that was bit overstated. Haven't read a book all week. Unless you count the two I read on Monday. I also worked 8 hours on Monday. And don't ask me if I read every word because I don't know, and it's an annoying question. Everyone is good at something.

13. Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader is actually a rather annoying show.

8 comments:

darien said...

boy, do I want to come cook with your daughter!

Jen said...

I'm going to assume that because you were actually able to think of 13 things that you are feeling better. Hope so!

ccap said...

1. Not very surprised to learn that one.
6. Goodness that is cool!
8. Actually I would think you're smarter than a LOT of guys with PhDs.
11. [dialing 9-1-1]

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're alive! Phew!

Although the too sick read part is scary. I don't think I've ever been that sick...and I hope never to be. Shudder.

~Flicka

Kay said...

I'm glad you are feeling better!
I like your list. I told my daughter about your daughter. She wasn't as impressed as I would have liked.

Michele said...

The fifth grader show is RATHER annoying? You are the queen of the understatement.

Trish said...

I'm hoping that you're feeling better since you actually found 13 things to post! :) **hugs** Can A come teach B how to do that cooking thing though? lol

Slow'n'Steady said...

#4. It happens with people who want attention too.

#11. I must be sick. I read the book you gave me - start to finish. In 5 days. A near miracle.

#12. You are TOO voracious. I've seen your library.