Thursday, March 20, 2008

Because it is in my brain, and now I must impart it to yours

From Michael Card CD “The Hidden Face Of God”,

 

I Will Not Walk Away

 

I made the Man of Sorrows sorry

By all my foolish lies

I drove the nails, I raised the cross

I was the reason that He died

 

Utterly unfaithful then,

I added anger to my sin

In a world already dark to me

I closed my eyes and would not see

 

So I may kick and I may scream

Say many things I do not mean

Hold blindly to what is not true

But I will not walk away from You.

 

Just why I choose to disobey

I simply cannot tell

Why I blame You when I rebel

And weep for wounds I give myself

 

Then screaming at an empty sky

I search for You and wonder why

Though I cause You so much agony

You refuse to walk away from me

 

Don’t read me pointless poems, friend

Don’t diagnose, don’t condescend

Though you may be right be disagree

I need someone to weep with me

 

I made the Man of Sorrows sorry

By all my foolish lies

I drove the nails, I raised the cross

I was the reason that He died

 

So I may kick and I may scream

Say many things I do not mean

Hold blindly to what is not true

But I will not walk away from You

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you

northie