Friday, January 25, 2008

Evidences of maturity

There are the days when your child says something to you and your immediate reaction is Who on earth taught  you you could talk to me like that? or you say something to them and the ensuing eruption astonishes you with its sheer force ...and then there are mornings like this morning.
 
B comes upstairs.  "I think it might be pizza lunch today but my agenda doesn't say so and A is packing me a lunch.'
 
I thought A was sleeping in, as she has no school today, but there she is, packing his lunch.
 
"Did you ask A to pack your lunch?" I ask B.
 
"No, she's just doing it."
 
Ten minutes later, B has left for school, A's at the kitchen table eating cornflakes.  I let the dog out for a wee and check the time.
 
"Crap!  I meant to pack myself a lunch today, and I still have to pack up my laptop!" 
 
As I am packing up my laptop and planning where I'll buy lunch, I realize that A is packing my lunch as well.
 

7 comments:

Heather said...

Sweet!

ccap said...

Goodness gracious! That is positively lovely. (Did you at least like the lunch? A little?)

Accidental Poet said...

I loved the lunch, thanks for asking.

Flicka said...

What a sweetheart! Well done, A.

PS~ I have been praying for Jack every day.

Kay said...

I'm so proud of her. My A would never think to do that.
No, she just gets boys asking her to the movies.

bro said...

what did you get your mom for christmas

The Koala Bear Writer said...

Aw, that's so cute! What a little helper.