Sunday, December 23, 2007

"To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord."

I wonder what that's like. I wonder how soon the joy starts. I wonder if it is tinged with sadness, initially, at the separation from those you love best.

I wonder if you have a body, in the presence of the Lord, the day you die. Do you still interpret your world through sight, taste, touch and hearing, smell? Do you see your wife, down here, gasping at the pain of parting, even while she is pleased that you are finally free from pain?

Rest in peace, "Mr. George", if resting is indeed what happens when you move "from mystery into mystery".

You will be missed.

1 comment:

Flicka said...

Oh! Is Mr. George your husband? I'm thinking not (hoping not!) but still so sad for whoever's left behind. Take care...