Monday, November 19, 2007

"Yikes!" she thoughted. "Yikes!"*

*title courtesy of A, at the ripe old age of 2, "reading" a book out loud

So I zipped out to the rink after my class tonight, to watch some older boys play hockey.

BIG older boys.

FAST older boys.

Older boys with LONG STICKS who were allowed to CHECK.

I turned to my friend, whose son was in goal and said "That's not *hockey* - that's a *blender*. All flashing blades and sharp edges."

So I watched and winced and shuddered and wondered -

What are chances I could get B to take up rug-hooking?

6 comments:

Slow'n'Steady said...

LOL - as I said, by this age, you don't like them quite as much and you keep hoping all the jarring will knock some sense into them.

Slow'n'Steady said...

you still love them though, and wince when they really do get hurt...

darien said...

about the same as stopping A from getting on that wrestling team

Kay said...

maybe he'll take up bull riding instead. At least that's one on one.

ccap said...

What are the chances Technohubby would support your suggestions? ;-)

Kassi said...

Every time I watched S fall off her bike at BMX I reminded myself "what doesn't kill them makes them stronger" ... ;)

Not a lot of consolation to the audience though ...