Wednesday, October 03, 2007

So, how was your weekend?

So there's this thing that happens to me. I go somewhere and have an amazing time and come away changed. I come back to my real life and it takes a day or two to get my bearings, and then I don't want to talk about it because it's all so ...much, and I mistrust superlatives and some things are too big or too small or too internal to discuss ...

The cake was beyond what I'd hoped it would be, and nobody dropped it, and the friends for whom it was a gift were delighted beyond telling. I missed most of the book launch because the main speaker's plane was late, but she did finally arrive, just in time to speak in fuzzy purple pyjamas and skip off to bed. I thoroughly enjoyed my time riding back and forth with Slow'n'Steady (although ...slow? har har) and I learned something about God. I made some new friends and I threw a temper tantrum in front of a random group of friends and acquaintances. I had a satisfying evening at a restaurant with some new friends and some old ones.

I went from the conference to the last half of our church's Ladies retreat and lay awake until 4 in the morning processing the first half of the weekend.

Although I'm not writing it up that way, it was an exhilirating weekend, and I'm sorry it's over.

2 comments:

Trish said...

It sounds like it was pretty wonderful! :)

Kay said...

A couple of weeks ago I went to Women of Faith. Same thing. New friends. Too much to possibly absorb in less than a month. wonderful
I didn't throw a tantrum, though. But it certainly has happened before -- oh yeah.
Glad you had such a wonderful time!! And I'm glad the cake worked out. You had me stressing over that cake for you!