Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hallowe'en - the one that's not about the kids

The people where I work celebrate Hallowe'en. Enthusiastically. The two departments have a decorating contest, and each department chooses a theme and dresses to that theme. The theme for our department this year was ...

Zombie mobsters and flappers.

I wanted to be a good sport but ...um. I didn't have a suit, and I didn't think I needed to inflict a size 2X flapper on the world. We got a flyer in the mail from Fabricland and there were some Hallowe'en costumes in the flyer.

"Look" I whined to TechnoBoy, pointing to a picture. "I want to be one of THOSE, not a gangster or a flapper."

He smiled. "You could call that a flapper."

And he was right.

So not only did I go as a flapper, I was the HOTTEST flapper there.



Because I was wearing approximately 5 yards of polar fleece.

12 comments:

darien said...

I think it's fabulous! Love your creativity. Love your courage in wearing it the whole day! Bet the kids at your door had a kick out of it too.

Heather said...

Love it!

ccap said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

you're a good sport. i would have called in sick. just joking. but i wouldn't have been such a good sport. you're cute.val

Kay said...

very hot!

Kal said...

Sheer genius. Loving that. Thanks for visiting TQ.Net

Karen said...

What happened to us as grown ups that we don't dress up more often, just for the sake of fun? I say, good for you!!

Tammie said...

You were not only the hottest flapper, but the best dancer at the party...

Megan DiMaria said...

Wow. That's all I have to say.

:)

A prisoner of hope,
Megan

VAIL said...

Too Funny!

The Koala Bear Writer said...

That's great!!! :) I have to tell my husband - he'll love the pun there. Kudos to you for creativity!

Trish said...

You're so awesome!!! :o)